FQHC Governing Boards
The governing board of a FQHC is legally responsible for ensuring that the health center complies with federal, state and local laws and regulations and is financially viable. Every FQHC must have a governing body that:
If you are interested in becoming a board member, please click here and fill out the application. A member of the Nominating Committee will contact you.
- Is composed of individuals, a majority of whom are served by the center and who represent the individuals served by the center.
- Meets at least once a month.
- Selects the services provided by the health center.
- Determines the hours during which services will be provided.
- Approves the center’s grant application and annual budget.
- Approves the selection of the Chief Executive Officer for the center.
- Establishes general policy for the center (specific exceptions are made in the case of public entities).